SOCRATES is a training program for 15 PhD students, created to develop the field of Social Robotics with an application focus on Robotics in Eldercare.
The heart and soul of SOCRATES is our 15 PhD students! To support them and their training, a consortium comprising seven universities/research institutes, three industrial partners, two end-user oriented partners, and three business oriented organisations has been formed. More information in the ABOUT menu above.
SOCRATES is an MSCA-ITN-2016 – Innovative Training Networks funded by EC under grant agreement No 721619
- Emotion: novel multi-modal methods to perceive human emotions from facial expressions, body motion, auditory and language cues
- Intention: new techniques to infer human goals and intention from natural language and video analysis
- Adaptivity: techniques to adapt a robot’s behaviour to user needs
- Design: Novel design methods for hardware, interfaces, and safety
- Acceptance: Procedures for evaluation of user acceptance
If you are looking for the ETN for the Sustainable, zero-waste valorisation of critical-metal- containing industrial process residues, Project 721385, click here
The 1st SOCRATES PROJECT WORKSHOP will take plan on October 18-20, 2017. It is organized by Institut de Robòtica i Informàtica Industrial, CSIC-UPC in Barcelona, Spain. Here’s the program. and here is more information about the activities: And here’s a call_for_external_researchers to the public parts of the workshop.
Meeting in Brussels with representatives from all other ETNs, with EC commissioners and with our happy (M2) Project Officer (PO) Mercedes Leguey Jiménez.
The project had its official kick-off at Umeå University, November 14-15 2016. A major topic for discussion was the ongoing recruitment of ESRs, i.e. our PhD students to be!
Recruitment of 15 PhD students! Print it and put it up! SOCRATES RECRUITMENT POSTER